Vythiri and Coorg -
The misty hills, lush teakwood and sandalwood forests, and acres of tea and coffee plantations of Kodagu are, in a word, stunning. Also known as Coorg and dubbed “The Scotland of India,” Kodagu is a postcard-perfect region of scattered villages and hamlets, which are the epitome of old-world charm. Kodagu is ideal for outdoor activities such as trekking, angling and white-water rafting.
Vythiri, located in the hill district of Wayanad, is a popular hill station in Kerala. The destination has earned the reputation of having vast areas of spice plantations, luxuriant forests and rich cultural traditions, especially that of the tribal communities. Vythiri, which still retains its immaculate natural wealth, makes it an excellent picnic spot for both locals and tourists. Major attractions in Vythiri are
An unusually quiet retreat, the lake offers facilities for angling and boating as well as a recreational park. The trek to this lake is also quite exciting.
Lakkidi:The gateway to Wayanad, Lakkidi is situated 700 m above mean sea level, at the crest of the ThamarasseriGhat Pass. Lofty peaks, gurgling streams and luxuriant forests add magic to the journey up the winding roads to this hill station.
Pookot Lake:This perennial freshwater lake near Lakkidi is surrounded by lush evergreen forest. Kayaking, pedal and row boating, a freshwater aquarium, children’s park, a handicrafts and spices emporium are among the tourist facilities available here.
Day 1- Calicut- Vythiri (61 km – 1.5 hrs)
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Wayanad, Vythiri is a classic blend of old world charm, peaceful environs & modern amenities and an ideal destination for honeymooners. On arrival check inn into the hotel. Spend the day at leisure. Overnight stay in Wayanad, Vythiri.
Day 2- Vythiri
After breakfast proceed for local sightseeing of Wayanad. Set at an altitude of 700 – 2100 m above sea level, Wayanad is one of the districts in Kerala that has been able to retain its pristine nature. The fast-flowing rivers – Panama ram, Mananthavady and Kabini add to the beauty of this region. Sightseeing attractions in Wayanad include Pookoda Lake, Lakkadi, Kuruva Island and Edakkal Cave. Overnight stay is arranged in Wayanad.
Day 3- Vythiri – Coorg (140 km – 3.5 hrs)
In the morning, after breakfast you will proceed to Coorg (150kms), you will be delighted with the mesmerizing sight of hills, caves hiding some secrets of the past, lakes reflecting the surrounding lustrous forests, small streams and miniature water falls caressing the hills and dales. On your arrival at Coorg, you are cordially led into the leisure of the hotel room. Later visit the spectacular Abbi Falls which is a must visit tourist spot anyone visiting Coorg. Proceed to the Raj’s Seat from where you can enjoy panoramic views of the misty Coorg valley. Night halt at the hotel.
Day 04- Coorg
In the morning, after breakfast proceed to Talcauvry (the source of the River Cauvery) and Bhagamandala (the point where Cauvery assumes the shape of a river). Later visit the ancient temple and in the evening, go to Madikeri town and enjoy shopping for honey, coffee and spices as souvenirs of your travel to Coorg. Gandhi Mantap, A memorial to the father of the nation, Madikeri. Over-night will be stay at hotel.
Day 05- Coorg
In the morning, after breakfast you will proceed to Omkareshwara Temple and enjoy the scenic beauty at leisure in this spectacular hill retreat. Head towards the Rajiv Gandhi National Park at Nagarhole in the morning and enjoy the same screening throughout the day. Try your luck spotting the ferocious tiger. In the evening, return to the hotel and spend the night here.
Day 06- Coorg – Bangalore ( 255 km – 6.5 hrs)
In the morning, after breakfast you can proceed to the Bangalore (280 kms) airport/railway station to board your flight/train. As you go home let the ever-relishing memory of Gods own Country remain in your mind.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on Breakfast and Dinner Plan.
- All transfers and sightseeing arrangements by A/C Indigo (2 pax) OR AC Innova (4 pax) as per itinerary.
- Normal running time of vehicle is 6am to 9pm, subject to weather conditions.
- Services of an English-speaking driver.
- Driver Allowance, toll, parking fee, Night halt charges, inter- state permit and govt. applicable service tax.
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above “Includes” section.
- 4.50% GST
- Expense of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc.
- Entry fee for all monuments and places of interest if any
- Airfares and Train ticket charges if any
- Given quote is valid for minimum 02 paying persons only.
- Confirmations of hotels are subject to availability.
- Slight alterations in the accommodation may become unavoidable due to unavailability of rooms
- in mentioned hotels, but the accommodation so provided will be of the same class.
- Check in time 1400 Hrs. and Check out time 1200 Hrs. for all Hotels
- This quote is valid upto 30th September 2016
- The rates may change accordingly at the peak season mainly during Diwali vacations & Christmas vacations.