Scenic Sri Lanka - 07 Days / 06 Nights
Unspoilt beaches in an endless golden coastline, baffling biodiversity and splendid natural beauty – all packed in an area of 65,000 SQ KM! That’s Sri Lanka, an island nation where you enjoy a multiplicity of natural scenes, historical riches, cultures, cuisines and thrilling aqua sports.
Day 01: Colombo – by flight – Colombo – Dambulla – (154 km, 3 ½ hrs)
Arrive at Colombo Airport and proceed to Dambulla- en route, visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and Dambulla Cave Temple. Overnight stay in Dambulla.
* Dambulla is a vast isolated rock mass 500ft high and a mile around the base and is home to the famous Rock Temple dating to the 1st Century BC. The caves of Dambulla sheltered the King Walagamba during his 14 years of exile from Anuradhapura. When he regained the throne, he built the most magnificent of Rock Temples to be found on the Island.
* Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage-Started in 1975 to house the abandoned and the wounded. The orphanage has grown to be a big family today. A unique experience amidst elephants and their life: Not to be missed!
Day 02: Dambulla – Kandy – (72 km , 2 hrs)
Today enjoy breakfast at hotel and proceed to Kandy. Visit Sigiriya Rock Fortress. En route visit Matale Batik factory & Spice Garden too. Overnight stay at Kandy.
* Sigiriya, home to the 5th Century “Fortress in the Sky”, is perhaps the most fantastic single wonder of the Island. It is also known as Lion Rock because of the huge lion that used to stand at the entrance to the fortress. Within its triple-moated defence, the huge rock rises almost to a sheer height of 500ft. On its summit are the foundations of what was once a great and sumptuous palace and gardens complete with swimming pool. On one of the stairways, the only known ancient work of Sinhala secular painting survived in the form of Frescoes of life-sized damsels in all the freshness and delicacy of their original colour.
Day 03: Kandy
Today enjoy breakfast at hotel. Embark on a Kandy city tour that encompasses visits to Gem museum, Gem shop and Peradeniya Botanical Garden. In the evening visit Kandy Temple and witness the Cultural Show. Overnight stay at Kandy.
* Kandy – the hill capital; venue of the annual Perahera. The last stronghold of the Sinhala Kings was finally ceded to the British in 1815. Kandy is an example of Buddhism’s influence in Sri Lanka today. Temples, shrines and monasteries keeping Buddhist traditions alive are everywhere.
* Royal Botanical Gardens, Peradeniya – Sixty seven hectares of exquisite beauty and botanical treasures containing more than 4000 species. This is haven not only for scientists but to every nature lover as well.
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic – Ever since the 4thCentury A.D., when the Buddha’s Tooth was brought to Sri Lanka hidden from sacrilegious hands in an Orison princess’ hair, the Relic has grown in repute and holiness in Sri Lanka and throughout the Buddhist world. It is considered as Sri Lanka’s most prized possession.
Day 04: Kandy – NuwaraEliya- (77 km, 1 ½ hrs)
Today morning after breakfast at the hotel, proceed to Nuwara Eliya. En route visit Tea Factory and Tea Plantation. Commence on the Nuwara Eliya city tour, Gregory Lake, Victoria Park & visit Sithaamman Temple. Overnight stay at Nuwara Eliya.
* Tea Plantation – Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. More were introduced from Assam in 1839. In 1867 a Scottish planter named James Taylor planted tea seedlings on 8 hectares of forestland, in the Loolcondura Estate.
Day 05: Nuwara Eliya–(73 km , 1 ½ hrs) – Kitulgaga – Bentota -(132 km , 2 hrs)
After breakfast, proceed to Bentota via Kitulgala. Visit the Sea Turtle Farm & Hatchery and step out for Bentota city tour. Overnight stay at Bentota.
The “Sea Turtle Farm & Hatchery” is a non-profitable organization which is maintained for the survival of Sea Turtles for the next generation. The “Turtle Farm” is situated in Habaraduwa (southern part of Sri Lanka – Galle District) near the beautiful beach. That is 5 km from the Galle – Matara main road. The center was started in 1986 and up to now we have released more than 500,000 Sea Turtles to the ocean.
Day 06: Bentota – Colombo – (80 km, 1 ½ hrs)
Colombo City Tour & Shopping.Overnight stay at Colombo.
* Colombo – A drive through the city taking you to the busy commercial areas as well as the tree-lined residential neighbourhood of Cinnamon Gardens. Visit Fort, the former British administrative center and military garrison, Sea Street – the Goldsmith’s quarters in the heart of Pettah, the Bazaar area, where there is also a Hindu Temple with elaborate stone carvings, and the Dutch Church of Wolfendhal dating back to 1749. The historic Dawatagaha Mosque and the former Eye Hospital are two buildings in Cinnamon Gardens worth visiting. Also visit the BMICH, see the replica of Avukana Buddha and the Independence Square.
Day 07 :Colombo
Today after breakfast check out from hotel. Free time for shopping. In late evening, proceed to the airport to take a flight back to home town.
- Meet & Greet Assistance at the airport
- Hotel accomodation with daily buffet breakfast
- All sightseeing & transfers on SIC (seat in coach basis)
- Air fare with taxes.
- Visa assistance and fees
- Insurance and foreign exchange
- Any expenses of personal nature such as Telephone calls, laundry etc..
- Any meals other than specified above
The rates may change accordingly at the peak season mainly during Diwali vacations & Christmas vacations
The above price is valid for travel till 30 September 2016.