Patnitop & Katra Combo - 04 Days / 03 Nights
Patnitop or Patni Top is a hilltop tourist location in Udhampur district in Jammu and Kashmir state of India on National Highway 1A 112 km (70 mi) from Jammu on the way from Udhampur to Srinagar. Situated on a plateau in the Shiwalik belt of the Himalayas, Patnitop sits at an altitude of 2,024 m (6,640 ft). The river Chenab flows in close proximity to this location.
The name ‘Patnitop’ is a distortion of the original name of the place, “Patan Da Talab” meaning “Pond of the Princess”. In olden times a pond existed in the meadows and a certain princess often used to bathe there. Some part of the pond still exists near the local youth hostel. It may be the case that the British had difficulties recording the Indian name correctly in their revenue records. Hence, over the years the name has changed from “Patan Da Talab” to Patnitop.
Katra or Katra Vaishno Devi, as it is popularly known, is a small town in Reasi district of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir situated in the foothills of the Trikuta Mountains, where the holy shrine of Vaishno Devi is located. It is located 42 km from the city of Jammu. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, one of the leading technical universities of India, is also located here.
Day 01: Arrival Jammu, Pickup and transfer to hotel at Katra(Approx 50 Kms). Night walk for Vaishnodevi Temple.
Day 02: Return to hotel in Morning. Rest for the day relax at hotel. Stay at Katra.
Day 03: Afternoon drive to Patnitop. On arrival, transfer to hotel. Patnitop as a whole is a replete with splendorous beauty throughout the year during the festive times the devotees throng the Naag Temple one of the most ancient shrine of the region, a grand fair is also organized during the festival. Besides that this scenery town is a hub of winter sports activities that beckon tourist from around theworld.
Day 04: Morning drive to Jammu(Approx 110 Kms) . Transfer to railway station/ Airport End of services.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on Room + Breakfast at 03 Star Hotels.
- All transfers and sightseeing arrangements by A/c Vehicle as per itinerary.
- Services of an English/ Hindi -speaking driver.
- Driver Allowance, toll, parking fee, Night halt charges, inter- state permit and govt. applicable service tax.
- Child below 5 years on Complimentary basis.
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above “Includes” section.
- 9% GST
- Expense of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc.
- Entry fee for all monuments and places of interest if any
- Airfares and Train ticket charges if any
- Confirmations of hotels are subject to availability.
- Slight alterations in the accommodation may become unavoidable due to unavailability of rooms in mentioned hotels, but the accommodation so provided will be of the same class.
- Check in time 1400 Hrs and Check out time 1100 Hrs for all Hotels
- This quote is valid upto March 2017