Glorious Gujarat - 06 Days / 05 Nights
Barely glimpsed by many travellers scurrying between Mumbai and Rajasthan, Gujarat is an easy side-step off the well-beaten tourist trail. While the capital, Ahmedabad, retains some charm amid its chaos, the countryside holds most of this state’s many treasures. Traditional artisans in tribal villages weave, embroider, dye and print some of India’s finest textiles, and pristine parks harbour unique wildlife, including migratory birds, wild asses and the last remaining prides of Asiatic lions. For the spiritually inclined, sacred Jain and Hindu pilgrimage sites sit atop mountains that rise dramatically from vast flatlands. And colourful festivals burst with a cornucopia of culture.
Gujarat also claims a special relationship to the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi: he was born here, he ignited the satyagraha movement from here, he made his Salt March here – and his legacy remains a vibrant part of public discourse and private lives.
Day 01 : Ahmedabad
Arrive at Ahmedabad and transfer to hotel. Do the sightseeing of Ahmedabad along with Akshardham.
Day 02: Ahmedabad- Dwarka
Drive to Dwarka and on arrival, check into hotel. Evening Aarti and Darshan at Dwarkadhish Temple. Overnight stay at Dwarka.
Day 03 :Dwarka
Full day visit of Dwarka City Tour includes visit of Gomti River, Dwarkadish Temple- temple of Lord Krishna & in the noon drive to Okha port. On the way Lord Shiva Jyotirling known as Nageshwar, Gopipond, Rukhmani Temple and then proceed for Dwarka temple by Boat. Overnight stay at Dwarka .
Day 04 :Dwarka – Porbandar – Somnath
Morning proceed to Porabandar(130 Kms) visit of Kirti temple known as house & born place of Mahatma Gandhi. In back side house of Kasturba wife of Gandhi. Also visit Gandhi museum, study room of Mahatma Gandhi in the Kirti temple. Later visit the Sudama temple & proceed to Somnath. Visit somnath temple – A lord shiva temple knownn as Jyotirling built by Moon God. Overnight stay at Somnath.
Day 05 : Somnath – Junagadh
After breakfast drives to Junagadh. Make Hotel check Ins and visit UPERKOT FORT. It is an ancient fort built by Chandra Gupta. The fort has been rebuilt & extended many times. Later visit Ashokan Edicts and Mahabat Maqbara. The Ashoka’s Rock edict is on way of Girnar hill temple. The rock is engraved with the Buddhist edicts of Ashoka. The edicts impart moral instruction on dharma, harmony, tolerance and peace. Overnight stay in Junagadh.
Day 6 :Junagadh – Ahmedabad
Proceed for Ahmedabad. Enroute visit Gondal, visits of Naulakha palace. It is a palace of stone carvings with balconies. Visit vintage car collection. hIt has a collection of several vintage and classical cars including a 1910′s new engine with many imposing American cars of the 1940. Arrive at Ahmedabad. Transfer to Ahmedabad Airport / Railway Station.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on meal plan stated above.
- All transfers and sightseeing arrangements by AC Indigo as per itinerary.
- Vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Driver Allowance, toll, parking fee, Night halt charges, inter- state permit and govt. applicable service tax.
- Child below 5 years on Complimentary basis.
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above “Includes” section.
- Expense of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc
- Entry fee for all monuments and places of interest if any
- Airfares and Train ticket charges if any
- Christmas Eve /New year Eve supplement charges if applicable.
- Government Taxes applicable
- The rates may change accordingly at the peak season mainly during Diwali, New Year & Summer vacations.