Explore Leh Ladakh - 06 Days / 05 Nights
Leh is the joint capital and largest town of the union territory of Ladakh in India. Leh, located in the Leh district , was also the historical capital of the Himalayan Kingdom of Ladakh, the seat of which was in the Leh Palace , the former residence of the royal family of Ladakh, built in the same style and about the same time as the Potala Palace in Tibet. Leh is at an altitude of 3,524 metres (11,562 ft), and is connected via National Highway 1 to Srinagar in the southwest and to Manali in the south via the Leh-Manali Highway . Ladakh is a beautiful country with multiple places which are a must see for any traveller. We have highlighted some which we feel are a must visit when you travel to Ladakh .
1. Zanskar Valley
2. Nubra Valley
3. Spituk Gompa
4. Hemis National Park
5. Magnetic Hill
6. Shanti Stupa
7. Hemis Monastery
8. Khardung La Pass
The isolated beauty of Ladakh beckons many a traveller who wants to revel in the joy of the open skies, the towering and looming mountains and the fantastical landscape that is spread out like a feast. There are quite a few places to visit in Ladakh that will simply take your breath away. Starkly different from the rest of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh is a region that is all its own. Apart from the places to visit in Leh Ladakh, there is also a great scope for adventure sports such as trekking and white-water river rafting here. Here’s a list of some of the best places to visit in Ladakh.
Day 01: Arrival Leh
Arrival Leh in the morning and transfer to the hotel. Full day of rest for acclimatization to the high altitude of Leh (11,500 ft / 3500 mtrs)Later, in the evening by walk visit Shanti Stupa or Leh Local Market. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 02: Leh – Sham Valley – Leh (140 Kms | 5-6 hrsapprox)
After breakfast proceed for an excursion to Sham Valley, visit Alchi Monastery, Sangam (Confluence of Zanskar& Indus Rivers, Magnetic Hill, Pathar Sahib Gurudwara and Hall of Fame museum. Overnight stay at Leh.
Day 03: Leh – Nubra Valley (128 Kms | 4-5 hrsapprox)
After Breakfast drive to Nubra Valley via Khardungla (Highest Motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft). You can take short breaks at roadside cafes and scenic points for photography. On arrival check in to the hotel/camp. Post lunch, enjoy a camel safari (double humped camel which are found only in Ladakh& Mongolia) at the Sand Dunes between Deskit&Hundur Village. Overnight stay at Nubra Valley.
Day 04: Nubra – Pangong Lake via Shyok River road (150 Kms | 6-7 Hrsapprox)
After Breakfast leave for Pangong Lake 14,500 ft, drive of 6 – 7 Hrs. Arrival at Camp, Later free time at Leisure and enjoy the color changing lake and the sun set on the banks of lake. Overnight stay at Pangong Lake
Day 05: Pangong Lake – Leh (140 Kms | 4-5 hrsapprox)
Early morning enjoy the picturesque view of Sun rise on lake. After Breakfast drive back to Leh, en route visit Thiksey Monastery and Shey Palace on additional Cost if guests are interested, Day Free for Leisure Evening by walk visit Leh Market for Shopping(Own Cost). Overnight stay at Leh
Day 06: Leh Departure
Early morning transfer to the airport for taking the flight back home.
- Arrival & Departure Transfer from Leh Airport by Non-Ac Innova | Xylo | SUV.
- Traditional welcome in the hotel with welcome drink (hot tea | coffee | kahwa) on arrival
- Accommodation in well-appointed guest selected rooms & camps.
- Daily buffet/TDH breakfast & dinner
- All Transfer & Sightseeing tours (Point to Point) by Non-Ac Innova | Xylo | SUV or Tempo Traveler in all Categories as per the itinerary.
- Morning Tea / Coffee with Biscuits on the day of departure
- Inner line Permit wild Life & Red Cross fee.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, laundry, telephone calls, fax etc.
- Entrance Fees for Monument, Monasteries & Museums
- Any kind of drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Rafting charges, Camel Safari Charges, Guide charges, if any.
- Any expense incurred or loss caused by reasons beyond our control such as bad weather, natural calamities (landslides, floods), flight delays / rescheduling / cancellations, any accidents / medical evacuations, riots/strikes/war, & etc.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Tour Package Inclusions”
- Any expenses incurred on extra transport, apart from the ones covered in the package
- Room service & additional meals
- Medical & Travel insurance
- Oxygen Cylinder
- GST 5% on Final Billing
IMP Note :
72 Hours Prior RT PCR Negative Report Required Before arrival & Saturday / Sunday Curfew in Ladakh Till Further notice.